The following is a description as to how one would be able to use the IMAP features of the NBX100 with Microsoft Exchange Server and Outlook. This is to address the issue that Exchange Server is not IMAP compliant and not able to pull messages off of the APX messaging system.
- The end user needs to have a dedicated machine running IMAP client. (eg: Outlook 2000 Internet Mode, Outlook Express, and Eudora)
- This machine must have access to the Exchange Server. This will allow us to forward messages to the users' accounts.
- All voicemail accounts must be active within the APX Messaging system, and mailbox information (mailbox # and password) must be know to the administrator.
- Enter Outlook 2000. Go to Tools menu and select Accounts.
- Select Add New Mail account.
- Enter a screen name.
- Enter e-mail address
- Change incoming server from POP to IMAP and the server name is the IP address of the NBX100 eg.192.168.1.190
- Change the SMTP server to the Exchange Server address and hit next.
- Username is the mailbox number, password is the voicemail password.
- Continue to hit next until you have finished.
- After you have setup the mail account, you should be able to pull voicemails off of the APX Messaging.
- Select a message and open the message. Then go to your Rules menu and create a new rule for the inbox.
- When you create the rule you want to select Forward all incoming messages. At this point you will need to create a user to forward the messages to a destination. The user will be the final destination of the message and you should enter the e-mail address of that user.
- The second rule you want to create is to delete messages.
- At this point you should be finished with the set up for one mailbox.
- When we set up the system in this matter, all messages will be deleted from the phone system as they are forwarded to the mailbox. This means the end user will not be able to check their messages from the telephone.
- The user will not be able to forward a message to another APX voicemail box, but they will be able to forward the message via their e-mail system.
|< Prev||Next >|