NBX's with PRI's and DID's:
- Create a phantom MB with no greeting.
- Create a PreTranslator (if necessary) to direct the DID to that phantom MB (requires 4.0 code or later)
- Create a One-touch speed dial on the user's phone for that DID (the call needs to go out and come back in for this to work) followed by a series of commas and one pound sign. The commas are a delay to ensure that the MB is accessed prior to the # sign being sent. The # sign will force the greeting to be bypassed and go straight into recording.
- Map a MWI for the phantom MB to the appropriate phones.
When a call needs to be recorded on the fly, do the following steps:
- Tell the caller you need to put them on hold for a moment.
- Actually, hit the Conference button (they will get MOH)
- Press the One-touch speed dial for the DID.
- Once they hear the beep to indicate that recording has started, hit the Conference button again.
- Access the MB using the MWI.
A similar procedure can be completed on analog systems, but only if the first thing incoming calls hit is the Auto Attendant.
Direct MailBox Delivery from a Hunt Group
It is sometimes necessary to have a HG's voicemail go to a user's mailbox versus the 'General MB' for the HG. All that needs to be done is the following:
- Change the call coverage point on the huntgroup to 'Phone Number'.
- Enter the following series of characters
The 125 is where you place the extension of the desired VM box.
by Jason Eatmonq
Peak Systems, Inc.
634 St. Marks, Suite A
Redding, CA 96003
|< Prev||Next >|